Wednesday, March 9, 2011

That’s All It Took


Most days I’m fine with being an empty nester. Today ended up not being one of those. First, my cousin Jody posted this on Facebook:

♥ To my children, I've made mistakes, sometimes more than I would like to admit, being a Mom. But I will always be there for you, to hear you, to cheer you, to laugh or cry with you, to protect you with my life, and to love you for eternity with all my heart! No one will ever love you more than I do, I'm your Mom!

Then, when I went to The Pig to get something for dinner, I saw a woman walking into the store with a blond headed toddler boy on one hip and a dark haired baby girl on the other. All I can say is, I’m glad I was already in the car. I cried all the way home. 

When the kids were with me I knew what I was supposed to be doing, what my purpose was. Them. These days it’s not quite so clear. Both of my kids are intelligent, hard-working, responsible young adults and I marvel at them. 

I wouldn’t change things for world, but I do sometimes miss being Mommy.


No comments:

Post a Comment