Saturday, June 4, 2011

Beach Trip!


It's been a few years since we've made the yearly pilgrimage to the coast. It seems like if you live in Alabama it's almost a requirement. Last year we didn't go because of the oil spill. We've got a bigger international trip planned for later in the summer but the call of white sand and emerald water pulled us to Destin, Florida this weekend. 

 


We spent a good part of the day Saturday at Henderson Beach State park. It's $6 to get in but that is for all day and you can leave and go back if you want to. There is plenty of parking, pavilions, restrooms and outside showers to get the sand off before you get back in the car. There is a no alcohol policy but my guess is as long as you don't get stupid with it, they won't say anything. I'm sure I saw a beer can or two while we were walking along the beach today. It is a family oriented beach and I had a good time watching the little ones play in the sand and the surf.


Other than a little June grass, the beach was clean and sugar white. 
 
We had a relaxing day at the beach and are going out to eat seafood this evening at a local place called The Dock.

It kind of makes me wonder why we haven't come down here in so many years. The prices are reasonable and it's not that long of a drive. Maybe we'll have to come down more often. I can't remember when I've had a day where I didn't do much of anything but sit in the sun and read. I could get used to that.


No comments:

Post a Comment