Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What To Take, What To Leave


Tomorrow, we leave for Ireland and I'm starting to think about packing. Actually, I've been thinking about it for the last two weeks. Every time I came across something I wanted to take or bought something especially for the trip, I put it in a pile in the guest/writing room. The result is a mountainous pile of stuff. We're only allowed to check two bags each and carry on two bags each. I hope it will all fit, especially with all the friends we've promised to smuggle through in our luggage. Just kidding, of course. 

 This is just stuff. It doesn't include any clothes.

I have decided to take the iPad, though. I don't think I could stand being separated from it for the amount of time we're going to be in Ireland.

What kind of clothes to take presents somewhat of a problem. The daily high temperature in Donegal is in the sixties and the nighttime lows can be in the forties. We haven't seen those kind of temperatures in Alabama since early April! I'm going to have to dig out the blue jeans and long sleeved shirts and pray they still fit.

According to this Donegal weather service the weather is supposed to be pretty nice, but there's always the possibility of rain. Part of the curriculum is hillwalking, so we went to Academy Sports and got The Music Man a rain suit and I borrowed one from a friend. We have boots and socks and trekking poles. I think we're set.

What we may not be set for is the language class. We ordered a beginner CD a couple of months ago and I've been listening to it in the truck. I can introduce myself and say where I'm from, in the truck, with nobody listening. This may prove to be almost as hard as singing in public. I'm not really sure what to expect. I haven't taken a language class since eleventh grade. Trust me, that was a long time ago. 

My dad said he's be here to pick us up and take us to the airport about two and a half hours before our flight. No sense in waiting til the last minute, I always say. Now I know where I get that from. 

My sister and daughter are watching the house and the critters. I hope I've covered all the bases but I'm sure I've forgotten something. Whatever it is, the world won't end, I hope.  

1 comment:

  1. Well y'all have a blast, stay safe, and take tons of pictures!!

    ReplyDelete